This creamy, savory oatmeal gets a golden “kiss of sunshine” from turmeric powder.
1 cup quick rolled oats
2 cups water
1/4 cup frozen chopped okra
1/2 cup frozen peas
1/2 tsp ground turmeric
1/4 cup sauerkraut (optional)
1. In a small pot, combine the oats and water.
2. Bring to a simmer over medium heat and cook until the oats are creamy, about 2-3
3. Add the okra, peas, and turmeric and continue to cook until hot, about 1-2 minutes.
4. Remove from heat and portion into serving bowls.
5. Top with sauerkraut, if desired, and serve.
Oats are naturally gluten-free, but they are often processed in facilities near wheat. If
gluten is a concern for you, be sure to get “certi¹ed gluten-free” oats.
Frozen Vegetable Variations
Use other frozen veggies like edamame, corn, green beans, or cauli¼ower.
Recipe courtesy of Plants-Rule