Need a healthy dinner in 10 minutes? This one-pot pasta dish is your answer!
“Romana” flavors refer to the classic Italian combination of tomato, spinach, and garlic. They come together for a simple, fresh flavor.
8 ounces lentil or chickpea fettuccine (4 servings)
1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes chopped
1 Tbsp dried Italian seasoning
2 Tbsps nutritional yeast
1 tsp garlic powder
1 16-ounce bag whole-leaf frozen spinach thawed
1 tomato diced
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook until “al dente,” a few
minutes shy of the package directions. Use tongs to remove the noodles and set
aside in a medium bowl.
2. Drain off all but about ½ cup of the pasta boiling water (about ½-inch of water in the
bottom of the pot).
3. Add the sun dried tomatoes, Italian seasoning, nutritional yeast, and garlic powder.
Increase heat to a simmer and cook until aromatic, about 2 minutes,
4. Add the frozen spinach. Cook until hot, about 1 minute.
5. Add the pasta noodles back to the pot, along with the diced tomato. Cook 2 more
minutes, stirring regularly to coat the noodles in the sauce.
6. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Use any variety of whole-grain pasta for this recipe. Whole-wheat, chickpea, or lentil
pasta all work. To ensure it’s gluten-free, use a “certified gluten-free” pasta. Choose a
long noodle, such as fettucini, spaghetti, or capellini. This will make it easier for the
ingredients and sauce to mix with the pasta.
Recipe from Plants-Rule